This catalogue of free digital learning initiatives has been finalised as of July 2021. The project team continued to receive requests for new initiatives until November 2022. The catalogue is open and freely accessible to all interested partiesUse the filters on the right to search for specific initiatives in the Catalogue. To find out more about this project, the catalogue and the way it was categorized click here. To download a PDF version of the catalogue, click here
If you would like more information, please contact email@example.com.
Catalogue of Initiatives
- Social inclusion
- Other purpose
This is an interactive and needs based Mobile Application, which aims to support the social and financial integration of migrants, refugees and asylum seekers in Cyprus, namely to help them become better integrated to the Cypriot society. The app is suitable for legal migrants, refugees and asylum seekers who currently live in Cyprus and may use the app for getting useful information about legal rights, news, language courses, how-to procedures, etc. (social integration) as well as to examine available vacancies, build their profile and CV and apply for those vacancies (financial integration). The project addresses various barriers that migrants face when they legally enter Cyprus (i.e. hard to reach the job market, migrants do not know how to create their CVs, how to apply for vacancies, many vacancies are in Greek, access to information is limited, info is static, migrants do not know their rights) but also barriers for employers who are willing to offer jobs and employment opportunities for migrants (i.e. employers are afraid to hire migrants for legal reasons, employers are overwhelmed with job applications). An important innovation of the Mindgrate mobile app is that it validates the legal status of its users so that employers feel safer about job applications coming to them through this app.
Mindgrate offers the following features:
- Material collected/listed, assistance for locating language courses in Greek, performing administrative tasks (e.g. Health cards).
- Assistance in creating a profile and personal CV (in a uniform way, based on Europass CV format).
- Verification of legal status by submitting their ID to the Asylum Service, which (only) then authorizes the owner/user of the app to participate in the job seeking process.
- Assistance in finding a job, providing recommendations based on the vacancies available at the Labour Office of Cyprus (more than 1,500 vacancies translated to English and properly structured for better viewing)
- Contacting the potential employer via email.
- Quotas in applications/week per migrant and per vacancy (to avoid spamming).
|Status (Ongoing, forthcoming)
|Type of Resource
|Online or Blended
|Legal migrants, refugees and asylum seekers who currently live in Cyprus
|Evaluation results/ monitoring plan
|Recognition or certification of learning
|Aligned with all basic Europass fields
|Financing and sustainability model
The app was funded by the Youth Board of Cyprus Fundraising from research/innovation-related calls
|CYENS, in collaboration with the Center for Social Innovation (CSI), CARITAS and MiHub, Cyprus